Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Ho Hum

Hello, my lovely readers.

So I have some good news, bad news, and what's-going-on news. The good news is the guy from my local Barnes and Noble back home contacted after I sent him an email asking what was going on with the planning. He said - and here's the bad news - that there's been such an overflow of people wanting to do stuff and B&N, there's not going to be any time to do a reading until June. Which sucks, to be honest. But the good news is that he said I could stop by during Spring Break and sign some books that he can put into a special display for the store! I'm all for that, so we're trying to arrange a day and time for that to happen.

The what's-going-on news is a two-parter. One, the article for the Knox newspaper STILL hasn't come out. I don't know how much editing an article takes before it can be printed, but I'm starting to wonder if I should shoot Lena an email asking about it. Or would that be rude?

The second part is that I FINALLY sent my agent an email asking how my manuscripts are going along (I've sent her two more months ago, haven't heard a lot since). Hasn't replied yet, but hopefully she will soon.

Other than that, nothing much happening other than s-l-o-w-l-y working on my sci-fi book. But as long as I have my plotline to follow, I'm good.

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: Campus Poker Night was last night. Played some good blackjack, and I was one of the few lucky winners. I'm now the owner of some fancy Skullcandy headphones.

Like 2: Rune Factory 4. It's a fantasy RPG I got with some of my Christmas money, and it's awesome and totally addictive. I love playing it.

Dislike 1: My roommate's disappearance. Lara hasn't come back to our room for about a week. No one's stopped by to report anything bad, so I know she's okay, but it's still disconcerting. What's going on?

Dislike 2: My second history midterm. It's all done except for a final lookover, but as always I'm nervous about it. It doesn't help that it's half a page longer than the six pages it's supposed to be; I tried shortening it, but there's too much info that needs to stay in. Hopefully the writing assistant here can help fix it up so I can get a B on this like the last one (and I think I will).

And quote!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." -Christopher Morley

Bye,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment