Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Story Preview

Good day, assorted readers and paraphernalia!

Got some more exciting news to share this week. Peter for the Communications office emailed me a basic rough draft of the article about SA a few days ago. I'm not posting the whole thing (I'll leave that with the tried and true news story), but here are a few snippets for now:

"Her first book, Swamp Angel, a novel focused at the "young adult"
market, was already written when she came to Knox in 2009. She had
started it in 2008, after being inspired by a song title, "Angel in
the Swamp," by the band Story of the Year."

"While the novel has no relation to the lyrics of the song, the title
"had me thinking about what an actual 'swamp angel' would look like, "
Boyd explains "Everything else kind of went from there." Praised by
Publishers Weekly as "a lush, atmospheric story," the novel is about
an teenage boy who befriends a monster living in the swamp in his back
yard."


Thank you, Peter!

And speaking of news stories, Lena emailed me about the article for the Knox newspaper, telling me that it hasn't been abandoned; it's just taking some time to get it all cleaned up for publishing and it'll come Spring Term. Thanks for the news, Lena!

Still haven't heard anything from Leticia, but finals are over now, so I'll see to it about making that Amazon author profile. Might need to ask Rich the editor about how to do that. Also sent out some job applications; hopefully I can find something.

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: Finals are over! And I believe I did well. Spring Break, here I come!

Like 2: Lazy days were I can just sit back, read, write, and play. This is the life. :)

Dislike 1: My bottom retainer for my teeth is giving me trouble (again) with poking my tongue. I think I need an appointment with my orthodonist.

Dislike 2: After some sunny days where I could actually wear shorts, we got a freak snowstorm, AND NOW THERE'S SNOW ALL OVER THE GROUND AGAIN. Not happy!

And quote! It's another favorite:

"When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect. It's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly." -Unknown

Chow ciao,

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment