Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Nothing Too New

Hello, readers!

Again, a rather slow week. So slow, I'm surprised it went by as fast as it felt like it did. There's literally no news for me to share. As for the news article, it wasn't in this week's paper, so maybe Lena hadn't finished it yet and thus it wasn't printed. I don't know. Hopefully everyone will be able to read it this week.

No news on the writing front. I have been applying to some publishing jobs, though. I need to call in today to check on a few of them and say I'm still interested, but how does that conversation go? With enough research I can probably find a general phone number, but is that the right one to use? I already hate talking on the phone, and this just makes everything worse. Maybe I should ask Ms. Nelson from the career center on how to do this.

As for the possible book event happening Spring Break, I still don't know if it's going on or not. The coordinator Mr. Thomas hasn't sent me any notice or whatnot. I sent him an email yesterday asking him about it, but I have yet to get a reply. I hope everything's okay.

Still managing to work on my latest manuscript on the weekends. I don't think I told you the title in my last post. It's called Moa-27 (pronounced 'Mo-ay' twenty-seven); it's the anagram of the type of cyborg the main character is-M.O.A.-turned into her name, followed by her production number. I like it as a title, and I love the main character and what a paradox I'm trying to make her be.

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: My latest book manuscript. I'm really proud/invested in this one.

Like 2: Oreos. YUM. :)

Dislike 1: Making follow-up calls on job applications. How the heck do you do it?!

Dislike 2: We get our second midterm for my history class tomorrow. It's another essay, and it's supposedly shorter then the first one (which I got a B+ on), but it's still a history essay, with research and fact and boring crap like that. :P

And quote!

"A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one." -Benjamin Franklin

See you next week,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment