Search This Blog

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Picture Time

Aloha, everybody! (We could use some Hawaiian weather around here.)

First off, I'd like to apologize for my recent boring titles like 'Not Much' and 'Ho Hum'. I wasn't aware that I could've been deterring possible readers, because apparently stuff that seems boring to me isn't boring to everyone else. I promise better picture titles from now on!

As it is, something exciting did happen this week. The Communications office here at Knox is also doing a story about me and SA, and I met up with their photographer to take some pictures for the story. Peter (that's the guy's name) was very nice, and I had a good time posing in the library. He sent me a copy of his favorite shot:


If you're wondering about Where the Wild Things Are, he had me pose not only with a copy of SA but also with the first book I remember reading or being read to me. So I chose this. I remember that though Mom was usually the one who read to me and my siblings growing up, Dad would always be the one to read Where the Wild Things Are to us because for some reason he read it better than Mom did. Ah, childhood memories.

Anyway, I don't have a date for when this story comes out (or the newspaper article, for that matter), but I'll tell y'all when it does and post a link.

In book news, Leticia still hasn't replied to my Twitter post. I need to try contacting her again. As for Spencer Hill, Rich and I have been discussing book sales, and he suggested I go on Amazon and make an author profile, which I'll do as soon as I have the time. Stupid finals. :P

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: The photoshoot for the story.

Like 2: It's starting to warm up. Hello sun!

Like 3: My roommate has returned. Turns out she was staying over at a friend's place. Everything's okay now; it's good to have her back.

Dislike 1: Finals. I have two essays and a test. The test I can handle. While I'm finished with the rough drafts and only have the fine tuning to do, I'm still not looking forward to it. :P

And quote! I really like this one:

"The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do." -Anonymous

Bye-bye,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment