Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Hi from Arizona

Good day!

So if you read the title, the reason I didn't post last week was because I was out visiting my mom in Arizona. It was incredibly fun: I went on two hikes, went to a Royals Spring Training Game, went shopping, visited the Musical Instrument Museum, saw a Coyote's hockey game, and had a general good time. It was kind of like a mini Spring Break. The only part I didn't like were the two RATTLESNAKES I saw on one of the hikes. Very creepy, somewhat scary (considering one shook his tail at Mom), and something I didn't need to see. :P But all in all, a very good trip.

Work has been going well. I'm still watching over the Music/DVD section a lot, and this week I did a DVD look over for the first time. It's like a CD look through when you're checking for rogue tags, but with the DVDs. And the person working before me had done half of them, so I didn't have to do the whole section. Unfortnately I had to look over the TV DVD section, which is the biggest section of the store with really high walls; there was so much to do it took two shifts to look it over. Please just stick me with the CDs next time, please!

In other work news, I think I got asked the stupidest question by a customer to date. I was working the mall entrance when it happened. You see, across from the B&N mall door is this station of shopping carts for kids; you know, the ones with the little plastic cars built in for the kid to sit while Mommy shops. You basically put quarters in the machine to rent it out, then bring it back when you're done. Well apparently one machine ate the quarters but didn't hand out a cart, so this lady came over and reported it to me. This came completely out of nowhere; I never thought I'd hear anything about this, considering it's SO obvious B&N and the cart dispensers are two separate companies. Of course, I didn't point that out, and simply told her to inform the mall security about it. But that was one thing I never saw myself getting asked because, like I said, it's so completely obvious B&N doesn't control the carts! Use your eyes and observe, people! If I ever get asked/informed about this again, it'll be too soon. 

The internship with The Fashion Foot goes on! Thankfully the writers took note of the boss's email telling them to pay attention to the editor's notes, because their work has been looking better this week. Or course, that's to say they're not perfect; some of their mistakes leave me thinking "How in the world did you forget to do this?", but they're better. And with my advice, they'll get as close to perfect as they can. As it is, there's a line of Sailor Moon-themed bags coming out in Japan, snake skin is in (the irony), and bold, bright stripes are the latest trend. I actually saw some of the bags, and they're pretty cute, but I don't know what to say about the stripes. I'm picky when it comes to patterns, not to mention the whole 'horizontal stripes make you look fat' thing. What do you think of patterns in clothing?

In MOA-27, I've reached what I think to be a real breakthrough in the story. The gang's still in Thayer's hideout, but the breakthrough isn't plot; it's a realization. Basically, with all the trouble of the last mission and losing Len, Ursele has come to see that Moa is a completely different person than who she was before. Aria, Moa's former self, is dead, and Ursele's been holding onto hope that Moa would be just like Aria. But the mission's made her realize differently, and Ursele says as such, apologizing for her behavior and saying how she would like to get to know Moa. It's so deep writing this, thinking about what kind of release and discovery this is; it's sad, but so wonderful to write. Scenes like this are the things stories are made of. The problem now is, does Shawney and Thayer ever come to this realization as well? And do they want to?

Bi-Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: My trip to Arizona. See above.

Like 2: Running into more old friends! This time my guy friend Chris popped up out of the blue during a break cover shift, and it was really nice to see him. We talked about school and jobs and stuff, and it was really fun catching up. I really should Facebook him!

Dislike 1: Venomous snakes. Constrictors I like, and think are cool, but poisonous snakes like rattlesnakes just creep me out. It's something that can kill you, and you're standing only a yard away from it; who wouldn't feel freaked out about that?

And quote:

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." -Judy Garland

Bye-bye,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment