Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter!

Hello!

So after last week's fun filled update with Arizona and all that jazz, everything been back to normal since then. Work remains pleasant; I was watching the music/DVD department again this week, so that was relaxing. Another thing that did happen was I turned in a score sheet completely blank (we have little cards where we tally how many emails, memberships, etc. we get). And it wasn't on purpose; I literally didn't even get a single email that day because there were so few people and the customers I did have didn't want to give it or didn't have one. So that was a first, and though it's not like the end of the world, I hope I don't have to do it again; an empty card feels like I'm not doing enough work (though I always try my best). Just have to keep trying!

With my internship, one of my writers was transferred to another editor. This one was kind of troublesome, considering that until Boss sat the writers down and told them to stop ignoring the editor's notes, she was one of the biggest offenders (not to mention she misspelled the simplest words). She's improved since then; however, just last week Boss asked me to inform her if any of my writers' articles were too short, and C (let's call her that) sent me one piece that was nothing but a list of spring fashion needs. I don't know if me kindly telling Boss about it was the reason for the change, but I hope C continues to improve with her new editor. As for me, I'll be getting a brand new writer under my wing this week, so let's hope she/he is willing to listen and learn.

Currently, Thayer is NOT a happy camper in MOA-27. And who can blame him when Moa's just told him that if they all hadn't escaped from Bentwood, he would've been killed with Moa while Ursele and Shawney simply would've had their minds erased? So he's currently have a full blown rage attack, shouting and swearing and kicking about an innocent chair and everyone's letting him do it because his anger is understandable; you would think 'utopia' would've removed these sorts of barriers between everybody despite their lifestyle choices, but sadly that's not true. Those who live the 'bad' lifestyle are bad and thus are treated differently, but it's coming to a point where the question is, who's living the 'bad' lifestyle here; the one full of crime, or the one without truth? Which do you think is worse?

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: Easter! I had a wonderful Easter Sunday. I went to Mass with my grandparents, then the three of us met up with some family friends for a delicious Easter brunch at my grandparents' country club. Just as good were the two care packages from Mom and Dad: Peeps, jellybeans, malted milk balls, fruity marshmallows, prickly pear taffy, and a stuffed rabbit. Thanks guys!

Like 2:I finally got that dreadful Metro Rate paperwork done for UMKC. If all goes well, I'll be getting in-state tuition and not have to pay the out of state price.

Like 3: I can eat sweets again! Oh, how I've missed you!

Dislike 1: The fact that many customers don't know how to respect my personal space. When I'm looking up something on the computer in the music/DVD section, I do not have the luxury of having a counter in between me the customer and I like at customer service. As such, a lot of customers think it's perfectly okay for them to stand right next to me and look over my shoulder while I'm searching, completely obvious to the fact I'm trying to lean away from them as much as I can. It's not like I can say anything, because they're the customer and have the right to look and see if we have what they want in stock, but them getting so close is awkward and uncomfortable for me, as I'm sure it is for everyone else (because who likes having someone look over their shoulder? Honestly?). Should I suck it up, or kindly ask them to stand back? I don't know.

Dislike 2: Bookclub being cancelled. You know how I said I was going to join one? I did, but when I drove to the meeting spot, I was told by the leading lady that she cancelled it because she wasn't feeling well; in fact, she'd sent out an email to all the members telling them about it just moments before I arrived. So that stunk, and now I'm left hoping we can discuss Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy next month instead of reading another book.

And quote!

"Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

See you all again,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment