Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Not So Surprising Customers

Howdy, y'all!

Work was fine this week. I was actually at the mall cash register most of the time, and we all know what that's like. Though to be fair, I did have a lot of customers on Saturday (because it was Saturday), and two of them were my grandparents! Despite me working at Barnes & Noble for so long, they haven't had the chance to come up and see in my workspace. But they made time this week, and they saw me ringing up and talking to customers and said I did a good job. My grandmother also got her membership renewed by me (which is good, since I could always use more numbers), and it was just a nice little talk out and about the home.

For my internship, I finally broke down and sent a message to my boss explaining my concerns about my notes being ignored by my writers. As it turns out, ignoring editor notes seems to be a trend among all the writers for The Fashion Foot, and she promised to send a letter out to all the writers about it. I think it worked, because the pieces I edited this week were neater than usual. On the other hand, there's this one writer of mine (let's call her C) who actually sent me a note asking how she could be a better writer. Not that that was bad in itself, but it gave me the feeling that she didn't get my boss's note about reading the editor's notes, so I had to basically remind her to look over the stuff I write every week. On top of that, C posts her stuff late and doesn't add enough tags to her work, so I have to wait to get it done. According to her, she has computer difficulties, and maybe she does, but if this continues, I'm going to have another Megan on hand (you remember the one writer who posted stuff late at night?), so I'm thinking of sending another note to the boss and asking her to 'check in' on C and confirm some things for me. Let's get this figured out!

With MOA-27, we're just about in the latest hideout, a building under the Underground. From there out lovely heroes need to work out a new plan, but given their surroundings and how everything's gone for them so far, they're a little desperate. Maybe the head of evil cyborg M.O.A-35 will provide some clues, but how. More importantly, is Moa wanting to know the complete truth? It's getting to the point where she knows she can't turn away since she's in too deep, but she's also getting hesitant about going any farther because she's actually starting to worry about what she may find. What will she find? Only I know! But seriously, it's fun envisioning Moa's transformation and getting it all down in words. I really like this manuscript, and I'm so happy I thought it up.

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: Grandparents popping in at work to say hello. See above for more details.

Like 2: Book club. The parents have been asking me to do something fun, so I've joined a book club. It's actually hosted at Mysteryscape (the bookstore where I had my Swamp Angel signing) and it's a sci-fi/fantasy club, so I'm looking forward to it. We're reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for April, and I can't wait to read it.

Like 3: I got my hair cut this week over at the salon my grandma frequents. It's a good place full of experienced hair dressers; my hair's never looked better. Of course, it doesn't hurt that they tell my grandmother how much they love and want my hair. :)

Dislike 1: ... (I actually can't think of anything bad that happened this week. There was nothing terribly exciting, but nothing bad either. ^_^)

And quote!

"Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself." -Richard Bach (the quote I chose for my senior high school yearbook)

See ya next week,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment