Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2014

Today is Your Birthday!

Howdy, y'all!

So work is still work, except this week was really busy up front with the cash register. There was like a line of non stop people on Friday and Saturday, and it felt like a miracle when I could actually get a break. Despite that, things are still going well, and I even managed to score each of the three memberships B&N offers. Other than our regular membership discount card, there's also the Kid's Club Card, which gives you small kick backs for every time you buy kid's stuff, and the teacher discount, where you money off materials intended for classroom use. The most I got out of the three was the Kid's Club, raking in seven memberships this week, and I am very proud of how well I did (though not as proud as the time I sold seven regular memberships in a day). The only other things I can mention this week is that I got called in two hours before I was supposed to start working one day, so that was two hours extra cash, I finally got my Christmas vacation hours sorted out and okayed, and my mom stopped by to see me in my work environment, which was really nice, and I was happy to see her. So that's that.

Concerning the editing, I have another writer that's been temporarily reassigned to me. According to the work charts, one of the other editors has left for reasons I won't ask about (none of my business), so until further notice I have four writers' work to look over and after and inbetween the lines to catch whatever mistakes they make. But it's not that bad; the temp is a good writer (though she could stand to actually hyperlink her web sources), so it's not like I'm dealing with another version of Miss Late-All-The-Time. Thus, editing is going just fine.

No news on the writing front, and this week's work in M.O.A-27 was a little slow thanks to much-welcomed visitors (which I'll tell you about down below). I'm still in the middle of the fight scene I told you about before, but now the tables have turned as the heroine's best friend, a hologram genius, has thrown a bunch of holograms into the fight, which are all projecting a image of our favorite cyborg that move together in one big mass. Despite the advanced tech the enemy is made out of, our genius has implemented a scrabbling system that messes up the bad guy's ability to pick out the real person, so our heroine is right in the middle of some serious butt-kicking. And thankfully, thanks to the outline I wrote before starting this project, I know exactly where this fight is going (you will have to find out yourselves some other time).

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: This week was my birthday! I'm now 23 years old, and it was a very good day. My mom flew in for it, and we spent the whole day shopping. I got some great birthday presents: comfy dress slacks, a flippy skirt, and a new ipod, to name a few. I also had a delicious dinner at a seafood restaurant where I had peanut butter/chocolate cake and tried oysters for the first time (and they were actually pretty good, all things considering).

Like 2: Seeing my mom. I love her lots, and it was a treat to see her. :)

Dislike 1: The Royals losing against the Giants twice in a row. Who hit the switch and suddenly made the players go all bad? LAME!!

And quote!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Later days,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment