Search This Blog

Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Years!

Hi my lovely readers!

A day late, but that's what happens when you're at holiday/football parties. But now I'm here!

So some updates on the two possible book readings. Unfortunately, I may have been a little too presumptuous with saying something could happen before I go back to school; nothing's happening. Also, it seems that the independent bookstore, The Raven, doesn't exactly hold book readings for young adult; I spoke with the manager today, and young adult readings aren't exactly popular in her store.

But there's still good news. The Raven has bought copies of my book, and according to the manager, they are now on sale (so for all my KU friends, go pick up a copy). Ms. Raak (the manager) also suggested calling back in a few months to see about doing a reading at the Lawrence library (which she suggested).

And as for the Bares and Noble, Mr. Thomas has received my book and availability dates. He's handing it off to some people and teachers to try to spread the word around while thinking up of how to do this event. I can't wait to see what's in store!

Weekly (Dis)likes:

Like 1: CHRISTMAS! I had a wonderful Christmas. My whole family went to Christmas Day mass, and then we spent the day at my grandparent's place opening gifts. Some highlight presents:

an electric teakettle
the latest Black Veil Brides CD
big buck gift cards to Barnes and Noble and Amazon
nice stud earrings
J.R.R Tolkien's complete Lord of the Rings trilogy (I've been meaning to read that. I hope it's good.)
a fancy schmancy makeup kit

This year's been hard, but this Christmas was fantastic. I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else. :)

Like 2: After Christmas shopping. Got myself some nice little goodies, and I now have a dress to wear for my college graduation.

Like 3: Parties! My mom's friend Barbara had a party this Saturday at her beautiful house. There was delicious food and friendly people, and I had a really good time. And just yesterday the family hung out at the grandparent's place to watch football and snack on Hawaiian pizza.

Dislike 1: I go back to school this Thursday because classes start on Friday. Not that I hate Knox, but I just wish break was a little longer. :P

And quote!

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." --Kurt Cobain

Bye bye,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment