Search This Blog

Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Book Release

So, of course, we have new concerning the fact my book's release, officially making me an author, and the release party on Dec. 3rd. How did it go?

IT. WAS. AWESOME!

We showed up, placed the food out, and I sat at the table the store owners had set up with plenty of books. A lot of people showed up, many people I haven't seen in ages (and it was so nice to see them all), and I signed so many books my elbow started cramping up from keeping it folded. In the middle of the party, I did a reading of the first chapter, and then a Q and A session, then finished up with more book signings. It went incredibly well, and I'm very pleased with how things turned out. Here's some pictures for those who couldn't come (this is the reason this is a bi-weekly blog; it took some time to get this all together):











More pictures and even video are possibly on the way.

Secondly, I'm thinking of doing more readings. My grandpa found some info on how to contact the local Barnes and Noble to ask for a signing. And a good friend of mine in Lawrence mentioned me to one of the independent bookstore owners; the owner was interested, so she gave my friend the store email address, which my friend gave to me. Haven't gotten anything back yet, but I hope something does.

Finally, we already have some reviews for SA! A Spanish blogger wrote about SA (my sister's currently on translating duty), and we have another review from INSERT DATA LINK HERE. Check them out!

Life is good. :)

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: The release. I'm an author. :)

Like 2: The book release party. See above.

Like 3: The review. It makes my book sound so good.

Like 4: Birthday shopping with my grandmother. Me and my sisters have a tradition of doing this around our birthdays. Since I wasn't home for mine, I got to do it now, and now have some beautiful new cloths.

Dislike 1: It's getting cold. And I hate pointless cold. If there's snow on the ground, it's not pointless, but there is no snow, now is there?

And quote!

"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." -John Wooden

Bye,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment