Search This Blog

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Let's Do It Again (Maybe)

Hello Internet surfers. Hang ten, bro!

So, after last blog's hype about the release party/book signing, there's a chance for a few more (book signings, though, no parties). My grandpa was able to get me the contact info to the public relations guy from the Leawood Barnes and Noble. I wrote to him, asking about a possible reading, and he wrote back! Apparently, B&N schedules readings like six weeks in advance, so it won't be until March at least (during my Spring break), but still! Barnes and Noble! Big chain bookstore! How can I pass this up? Either way, he wrote that to start the whole thing off the process, he'd need a copy of my book and available dates for the reading. This week I drove over and delivered them. Haven't heard from him yet, but given it's the holidays, he's probably busy. I can wait. :)

A sooner possible prospect is another independent store. It's called The Raven Bookstore in Lawrence, and a good friend of mine from high school gave me the contact info for the owner. I sent her an email as well, but unlike B&N, I haven't heard from her. When it's been a week, I'll try calling her to talk just in case she didn't get my email.

Still on a hype from the book signing! YAY!!!

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: Christmas is this week! Bring on the good times!

Like 2: My sister Allison is coming home tomorrow from studying abroad in Ecuador. It'll be so good to see her; I've missed her. She does have 33 hours and at least six planes she has to go through to get home, so here's praying she makes it here safe and sound.

Like 3: Look what I found at Barnes and Noble during the delivery:
Note the stack of books to the right. Either B&N didn't have much to put out, or people have bought all but the two here. I'm betting it's the latter. :)

Dislike 1: It's gotten really cold. I don't like the cold. :P

And quote!

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear." -Nelson Mandela (God bless you, man.)

Bye,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment