Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Now We're Cookin'!

Hi-de-ho, lovely folks!

So what happened this week? Work was pretty normal. I was stuck at the mall cash register twice, and I had the night shift twice as well after a long time of nothing but day shifts. I also had second floor duty again. I think the best part of work this week was getting to go home really early after closing the store down. Usually when I'm working a night shift, it's close to 10:20, 10:30 when I can start driving home, but for one of the night shifts this week my boss let me leave at practically 10:05! It may have something to do with the fact it had started to rain as we were closing up and my boss didn't want us driving home in that weather, but I was grateful regardless of the reason, and I spent the rest of the night pampering myself with fanfiction and Youtube videos. :)

With the blog editing, I have two new writers! I still have Jasmine, who's always been good to me with posting her stuff on time and sending me things she may have forgotten to add, but for now, goodbye Sara and Alice! My other two are Courtney and Chrystl (and yes, that's how she spells her name), and they're very good at what they do. They're not perfect (otherwise I wouldn't be needed), but it's nice to be able to work with new people and see what I can do with them.

The big news this week is with my writing. I got a reply back from Leticia regarding my writing. If you've forgotten, a few months after Swamp Angel came out, my agent said we needed to wait for the demand of YA fantasy to come back if we wanted to get something published, and Rich-the-editor got busy with other editing stuff at Spencer Hill Press. But after talking to Leticia, she says we can start trying to push another manuscript! She said she did try showing it to Rich-the-editor last year, and though he liked it, he was swamped (pun intended) with work, so she sent it to the general Spencer Hill manuscript email. She'll try sending a manuscript to them again, but it's nice to get back to work!

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: Another random act of kindness at B&N! I was at the front register on Martin Luther King Day when this little girl gave me a $5 dollar gift card to Panera as a 'thank you' for working on a holiday. It's from this group called Yes Way!, and though I couldn't find them on Facebook, I think they're some random act of kindness group. Either way, made my day, so thanks!

Like 2: Nerd Nest. My sister Allison introduced me to this; it's basically Pinterest for fangirls of anything from the Avengers to Harry Potter. The site's still in its beta stages, but I've registered, so I'm willing to give it a shot. Thanks, sis!

Dislike 1: Problems with my car. Gus (my car, named after his license plate) needed his first oil change this week, so I took him over to a Jiffy Lube and got him all fixed up. The car guys were nice, and it's good I don't have to worry about that stupid 'maintenance required' light going off, but that's some cash out of my wallet. :P At least I didn't have to buy new tires; that'd be even more expensive. However, Gus's inside lights aren't working. My grandpa and some tech friend of his went rooting around in my car trying to see if one of those built in garage door openers could be put in, and they couldn't, even though I made it perfectly clear to Grandpa that one of these couldn't be put in. Next thing I know, my car's indoor lights aren't working; they stayed on always, and not even setting the switch to 'off' worked. I ended up having to take the lightbulbs out, but now car doesn't light up when the doors open, and since Grandpa's unavailable they can't be fixed until a later date (the Jiffy Lube guys couldn't do anything about it). The moment my grandfather gets home, he's calling his friend and they're fixing his mess, and neither of them will be allowed near my car AGAIN. >:(

And quote!

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire (Nods head in agreement.)

Bye,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment