Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Beep, Boop, Bop

(In robotic voice) Hello, humans and other semi-genius life forms.

So work was work this week; I hung out at the mall cash register and made myself busy by doing a lot of cleaning and dusting (because for some weird reason we have a serious dust problem back there), and I also got to work on the second floor doing customer service, which I wish I could do more often since that's where all the good books (fiction, fantasy, and comics) are. Saturday was front cash register day, and I don't know what happened, but I was GRUMPY. Not that this effected the way I treated the customers; I would never be rude to them. And it just came out of nowhere, too; all shift I'm feeling fine, and then maybe two and a half hours before my shift ends all I want is to be alone and not talk to anyone because I'm tired of interacting with people. I think it was because I wasn't expecting that day to be so busy; with Christmas over, I guess I thought ALL the days would go back to being somewhat slow, but I was wrong; maybe it was because it's a three day weekend, maybe it was because the weather was good, but for whatever reason, the store was packed, with long lines coming and going. This disappointment, coupled with the amount of stress that came from helping all those customers, probably contributed to my mood swing. I hope I don't feel the same way tomorrow, though, since I have an even longer shift then!

All's quiet on the internship front, though one of my writer's was late posting her work because of some event she took part in. Ironically, it happens to be the one writer who needs the most improvement out of the three, but it's not like she's another Megan (the one who never posted her stuff on time and I had to ask to stop editing for her). It's just a one time thing, however, so hopefully it won't happen again. And we're switching writers next week, so that's kind of nice as well.

No note from my agent or my editor. They've never gone this long without sending a reply, so I think something went wrong and my message got lost in cyber-space (it happens when my grandparents try to email me; I guess I was bound to do the same at some point). I'll get back with what they say, I promise! I've also resumed working on M.O.A-27. It's going a little slow, since it's been a while, but it'll pick up soon.

And here's the Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: Pokemon Omega Ruby! I got the game for Christmas, and I've started playing it. It's really hard to put down! I've always been a fan of the series (I like RPGs), and this one's just good with the training and the traveling and all the fun battles, not to mention all you can do that doesn't involve the main storyline. It's so much awesomeness. :) Thanks Mom!

Like 2: The name Arden. I needed a name for my character in Omega Ruby, so I was looking through my name dictionary and found this. It's English, meaning 'valley of the eagle', and it's what Shakespeare named paradise in his plays. It also sounds like the word 'ardent' which means 'passionate', and it's just a good sounding name. I'm adding it to the list of possible kid names (and maybe I should name a future character this as well).

Like 3: As of January 15th, I've officially finished all my grad school applications! I'll admit I'm a little nervous about getting accepted (and the waiting period isn't helping), but there's something to be proud about the fact I did this and got all that paperwork sent in. Keep your fingers crossed.

Dislike 1: Losing game data. I'll admit, there were a couple times this week when I did a lot of stuff in Omega Ruby, closed my DS, then lost it all because my game console ran out of juice when I least expected it to! The worst was it happening after I caught slew of monsters and beat two of the gym leaders (which are like boss battles, for those unfamiliar with this series). I had to do it all over again and catch brand new Pokemon too! Grrrrrr!

Dislike 2: The waiting game concerning my grad school applications. Can't help it. See Like 3 for more info.

And quote!

"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." -Audrey Hepburn

Beep boop bye,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment