Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Writer's Tip #12

I'm starting to run out of ways to say hi. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anyway, hope all my readers are doing well. No news from SHP, so you know what that means. It's a Writer's Tip!

When it comes to signing contracts, whether with an agent or a publishing company, DO read the fine print. You don't want to sign a contract and find yourself stuck in an agreement with no way out. Not that I know of this. When I got the contract with Leticia and Spencer Hill Press, I read over it, but I also sent my mother and father a copy so they could look over it as well. To me, it looked like an ordinary contract, but with their intervention they helped me understand it better than I first did with stuff like pay rate and publishing rights and who owned what and who had right of property and stuff. So if you ever get to the point when your writing getting published and you need to sign something, read over it and don't be afraid to ask questions or other for advice.

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: 'The Lightning Strikes' by Snow Patrol. Long song, but it is so good, the first part especially. Want to listen to it over and over.

Like 2: Got the rough draft of my Art History II mid term paper done. Will fix it up once the teacher sends feedback back, and that'll be one less final to worry about.

Like 3: Naps. Do I have to explain this one?

Like 4: Snow. So white and fluffy. Wish I could play in it, but don't have the time or the snow pants.

Dislike 1: cutting my fingers up. We're doing relief prints in Printmaking now, and I've cut my fingers a couple of times. Nothing bad, but still hurts.

And quote.

"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." – Albert Pike

Bye bye,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment