Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Book Cover and Paycheck

Three big things to tel y'all!

First, I finally got my mitts on a camera and now have a digital picture of TSA's book cover, drawn by me. Tada!


Imagine it as a real girl with photo manipulation, and you got it. Rick the editor likes it for the most part, and we'll be using it as a springboard for other ideas.

Second, I finally have my first assignment for Spencer Hill done. I sent in this cover, an author's bio, a book jacket description, and my lovely author's photo in. No we can start the editing process. Rick's going on vacation for a week or so, but he'll have a lot of critiques/edits to tell me about once he gets back so we can get the ball rolling.

Third, guess what I got in the mail today: my first advanced paycheck! WOOT! Yes people, I received my payment from Spencer Hill for buying TSA. My first payment for my writing, the job I want to do for the rest of my life! Sure, it's only $170, but Leticia and I are sure once the book is published, there will be more where that comes from!

Doing mental cartwheels with joy,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment