Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Writer's Tip #11

Hello readers. Sorry for being a day late, but yours truly was busy with internship hunting and studying for upcoming midterms.

No news on the writing front (though said internship I'm seeking will be for a publishing house), so I guess we'll go straight for the tip, which is DO.
NOT.
PLAGIARIZE!
Common sense, people. You wouldn't steal cash or jewels or cars ala Grand Theft Auto (and shame on you if you do), so why steal someone's work? It's a lose-lose situation; you get discovered, and your reputation, your writing career, and people's trust in you goes down the toilet, perhaps never to be regained again. Not that I know that this happens, 'cause like a good writer I don't steal someone's work. I admit, when I have trouble writing a scene out, I read other books to see how they play similar situations, but I don't take word for word. And neither should you!

Now Weekly (Dis)Likes.

Like 1: Trip to Chicago on Thursday. In taking art classes, I am eligible to go on the field trip to the Art Institute of Chicago the the whole art department goes on yearly. Hang around, look at art, listen to teachers, and maybe even get some shopping time. Yay!

Like 2: I-Fair. It's this yearly celebration in January at my college where we basically celebrate the world. Our international students make foreign food for lunch and there's a talent show. Wonderful as always.

Like 3: Say I Love You. Comic book series I just discovered, and I love it. Hope to get ahold of first volume soon.

Dislike 1: upcoming midterms. I really only have one, in Art History, but it's a written test and I AM NOT looking forward to it. :P

And quote!
 
When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time." -Author Unknown

So long,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment