Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Radio Reports

Jeez, it's really been a month since I last blogged? So sorry about the lack of posts! Between my finals at St. Andrews, no computer, then lousy internet access, not to mention celebrating the holidays with my family and moving back to my regular college, I've been Busy with a capital B. But I'm back, with lots of news to share.

First, the last few months I was writing the story summery for my second novel manuscript, BURN IN LIGHT, and I've finished. It's now in Leticia's hands, and sooner of later she's going to start selling it out to publishers.

Second, I'm doing a written interview. Megan McDade of the blog Reading Away the Days is interviewing me about SA. It'll be posted on January 17th, so mark your calenders and click this on that day: http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.com

Third, I was on the radio last Wednesday! Not a big channel, though; I was on my school's radio, on a one hour show hosted by one of my friends. It's a interview and music show where my friend the host plays indie music and interviews students about their art and writing. I was interviewed about SA, and hopefully there were some listeners! For those who didn't hear and want to, click this link. The livestream is currently down, but hopefully it'll be back up soon: http://www.knox.edu/student-life/organizations-and-clubs/wvkc-907-fm.html

That's the news! Now to the chunky Months' (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: I'm home, and back at my beloved school!

Like 2: The classes I'm taking: Poetry Workshop, Art History II, and Printmaking I

Like 3: Christmas vacation! The whole family, including grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins all went to Florida! We stayed in an awesome hotel (though it had horrible internet access), spent a lot of time at the beach, went seashell hunting, went kayaking, and just basically had a good time.

Like 4: my trip to France. I was still recovering from the flu and we might've stayed in Tours longer than we should've, but me and my sister had a good time in France. Saw the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, one of France's many chateau's, and celebrated Mass in Notre Dame.

Like 5: Christmas presents! Among my favorite is Kingdom Heart 3D for my Nintendo 3DS, a quilted skirt from my aunt, $100 dollar giftcard to Barnes and Noble, and my new pair of black boots. Thanks everybody!

Dislike 1: The trip back home from Scotland. It was AWFUL. Not only did I not get any sleep, I had to get on another plane four hours after I got home to get to Florida.

Dislike 2: The trip to Florida. Some idiot held our plane back long enough that we missed one of our connecting flights in Florida. Thankfully we did get to where we were going.

Dislike 3: Sandy Hook and Newtown, Connecticut. I was in Paris when I actually heard the news, and though I couldn't understand what the news lady was saying, the pictures were enough. I didn't want it to be true but calling my mother confirmed it. They were kids! Six year olds! Who could kill a six year old!? I hate this. I hate guns, I hate violence, and I absolutely hate this country's treatment of guns laws and the mentally ill. Crazies should not get ahold of assult rifles. Those are meant for the army in the first place, not for Walmart to sell. I don't care if it goes against the 2nd Amendment, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE. Look what happened when nothing was: innocent little kids were killed. Click here to do something about it: http://www.demandaplan.org/Newtown-sc/ckg-srch?gclid=CMTKhPHq47QCFYpFMgod1ikA7A

Sigh. What a month it's been. To cheer you up and inspire, a month's worth of quotes:

"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." -French Proverb

"Peace over anger. Honor over hate. Strength over fear." -The Jedi Code, STAR WARS

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable." -GK Chesterton

Ciao!

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment