Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2013

More Party Plans

Greeting folks! How are you?

Plans for the party are developing well. We've confirmed a time and a date: it's Dec. 3rd from 6-8 pm. There will be food: Mom's in charge of the menu (which means it's going to be delicious!). Some details we're still working out are how Mysteryscape is going to order my books and how much to order (my grandmother wants to buy 100), but we're getting there. As more things are planned, I'll tell you all all about them. Stay tuned!

It took a lot of time to find an agent.
Seriously, it did. Once the manuscript was finished, I did everything I could to find a person who could help make my dream a reality. It wasn't easy; finding them involved weeding through Google searches and then receiving rejection after rejection for about a year. I even ordered a giant book of publishing/ writing information and sent out a letter to everyone they listed, to no avail. When you get one after the other, you can't help but wonder if your work is good enough for publication or not. But then you suck it up, send out another letter, and tell yourself whoever rejected you is missing out on something great (after all, J.K. Rowling was rejected a bunch before being published; bet all those companies feel PRETTY stupid right about now).

Basically, just don't give up on what you want to do with your life. If you love it enough, it's worth going through whatever you have to to make it real. Look where I am now because I didn't give up. :)

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: I got an A+ on my religious studies test! Yay!
Like 2: I also got an A on my first project for my digital photojournalism class. Double yay!
Like 3: My birthday's coming up. Can't wait to celebrate and open my presents!

Dislike 1: Got my final project for my Contemporary Lit class. Nothing bad-read a book, read an article about said book, write a summary about said article, and do a group presentation to the class- but who likes projects like that when they have other homework/stuff they could do?
Dislike 2: My sore throat and stuffy nose. I've been resting, drinking fluids, and taking medicine, so hopefully it won't last much longer, but it still stinks.

Weekly Quote!

“Not all those who wander are lost.” -J. R. R. Tolkien

Bye-bye,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment