Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

What's to Say?

Jambo jam! (I'm running out of greetings again.)

Hi Internet. It's been another week since last post. And I'm afraid not much has happened since then. One interesting bit is that the owner from one of the independent bookstores contacted me about a possible event. Haven't made anything official, but I will keep Mysteryscape in mind, and make an event as soon as I can.

Not much else. What do you write about on a blog when you have nothing to write about? (This is a serious question; go ahead and respond through the comment box). Because I don't know. I would actually put a a Writer's Tip if I had no news to share, but I'm running out of those too. (Another thing you can supply me with!)

Did I ever tell you guys how SA came about, by the way? It came to me through a song title from the band Story of the Year. I'd gotten it as an early present back when I was in high school, and I was listening to it, and their song 'Angel in the Swamp' came on. If you listen to the lyrics, you'll hear it's a song about an abusive relationship, but it was the title that got me. I was thinking, "What would a real swamp angel be like?" And after some more thinking, I cracked open my laptop and started banging out the first few words.

Five years later, here we are. :)

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: Talking to myself. People think you're crazy if you do this, but frankly I think you're crazy if you DON'T do this.

Like 2: Getting through my first full week of college. Nine more to go!

Like 3: Snuggling under my blankets on a cold morning. Did this today; it was fabulous.

Like 4: Pope Francis' epic speech about abortion and gay rights. I knew there was a reason I liked the guy!

Dislike 1: Not having enough time during the day. There's so much to do, so much Internet to surf and Youtube to watch!

Quote!


Cheerios,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment