Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Writer's Tip #9

And here's an update that's actually on time!

No publishing news, but there are a couple Spencer Hill Press events coming up that I'll be hopefully participating in. First is the SHP trip to the BEA, otherwise called Book Expo America. Basically it's a convention for books and authors, and if I'm able to go, it means possible good press for TSA. The other event is the Christmas blog hop, where it sounds like every SHP author visits each other's blogs. More info about each event will be posted as I find out more.

Writer's tip nine ... make sure you know what certain words mean before you use them. You may have one action in mind, but with the wrong verb or adjectives or whatever you can end up making your character do the complete opposite. I tend to keep my dictionary app open on my laptop so I can check that the words I'm thinking about actually MEAN what I think they mean.

Weekly (Dis)Likes:

Like 1: I'm going to France! I have a written final exam on the 10th of December, and a final project due the 20th. So for the ten days in between, I'm flying over to Paris and exploring France. My sister will be visiting friends in London, so we're going to meet up and do it together. Can't wait!

Dislike 1: Said approaching written final exam. Need I say more?

Not a lot happened this week. And the quote:

When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time." -Author Unknown

Bye-bye,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment