Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Writer's Tip #8

Yes, another delay, but only for a week this time! Hi everybody. :)

Little news on the publishing front. Leticia did ask for a double spaced copy of one of my manuscripts and a book summery (which I really need to work on), so that's kinda cool. And Spencer Hill Press is doing something called a 'blog-hop' for Christmas. Don't really know what that is, but it's probably something I want to take part in.

This week's writer's tip ... hmmmm, these things are starting to get harder to come up with ... wait, I know. Don't hesitate to write something down when you're writing. What I mean is when I'm stuck writing a section because I don't know how to express it like I want to, I just jot down what I want to happen and proceed from there until I get to where I want to go from. Then I leave the rough bit in the story until it's complete, then go over it and fix it up. Maybe it sounds stupid, but but the point is not to get stuck with writer's block, and you can always edit it later with other people's help (thus is the power of editors! Hope this tip made sense to everyone).

Weekly (Dis)Likes time!

Like 1: seeing my friend. The reason I didn't blog last week was because I was out in Edinburgh visiting an old friend of mine. We've been friends since the fourth grade, and though she moved away in seventh grade and we really haven't called or emailed each other, we've still remained close! She's studying abroad in London, and I'm here, so we decided to meet up and stay in Edinburgh for the night. Other than checking out the National Gallery, we mostly just walked around, but it was still fun. Love you Taylor!

Like 2: finishing my second essay for my SF class. Thank God that's done.

Like 3: Perdido Street Station by China Mieville. This is the final book I'm currently reading for SF. It is BIG, over 800 pages long. However, it's been pretty interesting so far, so it's not too bad. It's divided into eight sections, and I've been reading one per day; at this rate, I should be done by Friday.

Dislike 1: no break. At my usual school we usually get on Christmas break right around this time, but of course I'm over here, so yay me for missing Thanksgiving with the family. :(

And Weekly Quote!

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.  -Dale Carnegie

Ta-ta,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment