Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

I'm In SCOTLAND!!!

Yes, again with the lateness. But if you read the title, I have an excuse:

I'M IN SCOTLAND!!!!!!

That's right. I'm studying abroad, in a beautiful, active little town called St. Andrews as I attend the University of St. Andrews. (It's where Will and Kate met, do'cha know?) I came over here last Saturday, September 7th, and I've been doing orientation stuff all week getting ready for classes. Between that, preparatory reading for one of my classes, learning where's what, and getting used to the time change, I haven't had time to write.

Not that much is going on in the writing world. I'm still working with Rich on publishing, and everything's going fine. The biggest news to happen is that Leticia has read another book manuscript of mine, and she wants to try and sell it (I said yes, of course). The book is called BURN IN LIGHT, and it's a supernatural ghost story.

Now, the (Bi)Weekly (Dis)Likes!

Like 1: The fact I'm in St. Andrews, Scotland.
Like 2: The town. It's small, adorable, and has such beautiful buildings and an array of interesting little shops I need to check out out on a free day.
Like 3: My dorm room. It's spacious with plenty of breathing room for me and my roommate.
Like 4: My roommate. Her name's Sam, and she's awesome. She's nice, quiet, and we get along well. I hope we can become great friends.
Like 5: The food. Biscuits and tea every day. Yum.
Like 6: My classes. St. Andrews works with a system where the student has to do 120 credits worth of classes each year, 60 per semester. I'm staying here for a semester, and have two classes both worth 30 credits: Creative Writing I and Science Fiction (which was what I had to do the reading for). I'm excited and looking forward to them, and hope studying for them goes smoothly.

Dislike 1: The distance. The David Russell Apartments, where my dorm is, is right outside of town AND on the opposite side of town from where my classes are taking place. Which means I have to walk 30-45 minutes across town to get to said classes, or anywhere else for that matter. Very annoying, and I can't help but wish I was in one of the apartments in town. But at least with all this walking I'm getting plenty of exercise. :P

And quote!

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.  
"Do not give into evil, but proceed evermore boldly against it."  Virgil, Aeneid, Book VI

From the UK, tallyho!
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment