Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Birth of A Book

Believe me when I say that inspiration can be found ANYWHERE, as long as you're looking. I'm telling you this because the idea for The Swamp Angel came from, of all things, a song title.

I remember it. It was October 16th, 2008, a week before my 17th birthday. I was in my room, listening to a CD I'd bought at the mall the same day: The Black Swan by the band Story of the Year (which I recommend to everyone; they're very good). I fell in love with their song "Angel in the Swamp". And I got to thinking, "What if there was an actual creature like a swamp angel?". And after thinking it over, I pulled out my school laptop and started typing.

Nine months later, my first 'book baby' was born. And I've been trying to get it published ever since. :)

Later,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment